Kim Knight, MS, LMHC
Kim L. Knight, MBA, MS, LMHC is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Certified Life Coach who has been in the helping profession for 12+ years. She is a trauma informed practitioner who works with clients to heal from past traumas and unhealthy relationships. Her expertise is in teaching others how to set boundaries, how to love self and better understand how to manage everyday stressors that can cause dysfunction. Her use of mindfulness practices and understanding of how trauma impacts not only the brain the body, helps clients to heal in a more holistic manner, leaving them feeling more in control of their life.
Kim’s natural warm, calm and caring demeanor gives clients a safe feeling right from the very first meeting. This allows for a trusting therapeutic relationships to be formed where Kim can encourage and inspire her clients to take risks and stretch beyond their comfort zone safely, in order to make the necesary changes needed to achieve mental wellness.
- Bachelor of Arts, Liberal Studies – Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY
- Masters in Business Administration – New York Institute of Technology, Westbury, NY
- Masters of Science, Mental Health Counseling. – New York Institute of Technology, Westbury, NY
- Certified Life Coach, The Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC), Shrewsbury, NJ
- NYS Licensed Mental Health Counselor, License #006364
- Trained in trauma treatment modalities (Brainspotting, EMDR, Mindfulness)